A pastoral position involving but not limited to ministry to young adults (18-29 yrs), both single and married, through weekly services and one-on-one connection meetings. This position requires active participation in casting a vision for the ministry in conjunction with the vision for Life Fellowship Church and the NextGen ministry. One of the main goals is to share the burden with every person in this ministry in a way where everyone is saved, using the gifts God has given them to grow the body, and church at large, plugging into ministries throughout LF, volunteering, and serving.
Develop and maintain a healthy relationship between Southeastern University and LF students that are interested in pursuing a degree while blending practical ministry experience at Life Fellowship and building community. The structure will have to be built and supported through strong relationships and team building to allow the ministry to thrive.
• Meet with the NextGen Pastor regularly for oversight.
• Attend Ministry Staff meetings as required.
• Preaching and teaching at LF as needed. • Provide leadership and administrative support for the YA ministry
• Function as a pastor, spiritual leader, mentor, coach, and counselor for Young Adult ministry and its leaders.
• Build a thriving young adult gathering.
• Develop and oversee the School of Leadership for young adults
• Build and oversee a young adults’ service teams
• Build and oversee and manage young adult life groups
• Create a vision of servanthood that encourages young adults to serve within all LF ministries
• Follow through with all weekend responsibilities
• Be available for ministry and counseling as needed with YA @ Life Fellowship
• Develop and oversee young adults’ calendars, budgets, and goals
• Be available to connect with other Life Fellowship related churches
• Attend and support all ministries of LF through active participation, i.e., Growth Track, Fresh Start, Freedom, …
• Lead the Life Fellowship School of Leadership in cooperation with Southeastern University.
Required Skills and Job Complexity
Unique Skills and Knowledge
• Cast vision
• Carry a burden for this generation
• Efficiently delegating responsibilities • Strong communication skills
• Skilled at buffering interruptions
• Prioritize time
• Connecting young adults with other ministries to serve
Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Present facts in an organized manner
• Have a Kingdom/Eternal mentality in decision making process
• Positive attitude and positive approach to problem solving
• Congregation members
• Pastoral Staff
• Office Staff
• Young Adult leaders
• Southeastern University connections
• School of Leadership students
Competencies Critical to this Position
Quick thinker and responder
Aggressive in reaching the lost
Proficiency in MS Office
Meeting tasks / deadlines
Utilize calendar system
Planning Center Online